How’s your Christmas shopping going lovelies? Chances are you are on the hunt for unique and personal gifts and I’ve got just the thing! As part of a new Scoop series I’m going to introduce you to some of my favourite bloggers outside our regular guest dietitians. And I’m delighted to kick off with my blogger friend Kyrstie Barcak from A Fresh Legacy.
On her blog Kyrstie inspires and helps families to start their own vegetable garden and create fresh meals. Kyrstie believes that anyone can grow at least one vegetable or herb at home and have a positive impact on their health and lifestyle. Her first book, Grow Just One Thing, is due to be published March 2016. But in true entrepreneurial spirit she’s just launched the gift you will want to give – The Kitchen Garden Box. Connect with Kyrstie on Instagram and Facebook.
The Kitchen Garden Box is a complete fresh food experience from planting and growing to harvesting and cooking.
All you need (minus the dirt!) has been collated for you and your family to grow your own vegetable garden. The Kitchen Garden Box includes 12 months of email support and seasonal emails with bonus content and downloads to help keep you on track as well as access to a private Facebook Group to ask questions and share your progress.
The Kitchen Garden Box has been created for families to enjoy the benefits of growing their own fresh food, with all of the mystery removed. Easy to follow, seasonally colour coded content removes the confusion of what to plant and do when. With a logical, organised layout it is simple to implement.
- Create family time
- Grow your own organic vegetables and herbs with low time commitment
- Fun, active, educational activities are included for the kids
- Be inspired to create new family meals from your fresh harvests
- Address fussy and picky food habits
- Reduce your number of trips to the store for “top ups”
- Connect with nature and experience a sense of balance and achievement
And we have one Kitchen Garden Box: Valued at $147.00 + shipping in Australia to #giveaway over on my Instagram @emmastirling:
- 90 + items included in the box – including 24 sets of certified organic seeds
- Made in Australia(excluding copper plant labels)
- Recipes to inspire you to use your harvests in family meals
- Tips and information to guide you in the process
- Copper plant labels
- Printed on recycled card stock
- Bonus email support and additional seasonal content and downloads for one year
- All content organised by season. Designed to remove the guess work of what to plant when
Kyrstie’s top tips for summer vegetable gardening include:
- Get started. Don’t wait any longer to start your family garden.
If you are yet to do so, plant now – tomatoes, cucumber, capsicum, zucchini, basil and lettuce.
- Plant easy to grow plants that are fast growing if you are just getting started – plants such as lettuce, beetroot, asian greens, rocket and parsley. Are all easy to grow and may be grown pots or in the garden
- Water on a regular basis rather than ad hoc. Don’t allow the soil to dry out. Always water plants at the base, never from the top of the plants.
- Involve your children in the planting, growing, harvests and cooking processes. The vegetable garden provides an opportunity to spend time outdoors with your children. The whole family can be involved and contribute to the success and resulting family meals.
The rewards of participating in activities in a natural dynamic learning environment include:
- The environment fosters patience, the powers of observation, appreciation of diversity, seasonality and precious resources such as water.
- It teaches responsible decision making.
- Harvest your plants often to encourage new growth. Adding even a few fresh herb leaves to a family meal will provide a nutrient and flavour boost.
So what are you waiting for lovelies! Head over to instagram @emmastirling and enter now!
#Giveaway Terms: Competition entries are open to Australian Residents only from Dec 2 to 10pm Dec 5, 2015. To enter the competition participants are to add the name of something they would love to learn to grow on the relevant #giveaway photos on @emmastirling instagram account. One winner will be selected using random number generator. Note – The Kitchen Garden Box cannot be sent with seeds to Western Australia or Tasmania. Entries may be received from these states but the certified organic seeds will not be included in the prize due to quarantine restrictions